Sunday, January 31, 2010

Immigration Update

I was so excited to see a letter from Homeland Security in the mail today! Anything post-marked Laguna Niguel with the USCIS logo makes my heart skip a beat. I very UNcarefully ripped open the letter hoping to see the word APPROVED in bold letters

But
Guess
What?

Instead, I saw this...
REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

Are
You
Joking?

Raymo and I have been asked to submit more "evidence" to prove we have a legitimate relationship. Technically we have until February 20th to turn it in but I am scrammbling to get it all together and out the door before I leave for Scotland in one short (or long) week. Not only do we have to provide more evidence but until we do, our case is on hold. So much for hearing back by the beginning of March...

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I did not know if I should laugh or cry. What the heck. Why don't they just call you up and talk. Maybe you could ....Well I won't post that because I don't know all who is readying. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you better believe I tried to call them up and "chat". Unfortunately you can never get through to a real person they just send you through lists and lists of automated messages. What a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well all u have to do Annie and Raymo is try your best ! . It can't be all that bad .....
    but for now just have fun in scotland who knows mabey the imigration company will change their minds ..... never mind that is highly unlikely to happen . ... good luck !!!!

    ReplyDelete